Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I wish I could put into words funky riffs from tracks...

You know what I'm talking about... walking down the road muttering to yourself 'Do do doooo do do dooo'. Right now I am trying to vocalise the static vocals of Hail Social's Cherry Cola Funk - the STA remix of course.

Moving on.

I attended a local 'club night' the other evening solely to catch an hour set by Frenchman Douster. I wasn't fully aware of his existence until a friend of mine mentioned he'd be playing around the corner from me. I'd heard some remixes here and there, but I decided to check him out. Turns out he's fairly awesome. For evidence, please refer below...

I Was Drunk (Douster Remix) - Riva Starr

Afronuts (Douster Remix) - Yolanda Be Cool

I won't overload you with tracks by Douster, but I highly reccommend you check out his other work. He is VERY good at what he does.

The real reason I mentioned him was to highlight the lack of attendance at the aforementioned club night. It is rare that 'The Shire' has a club night. It is even rarer that a French producer with enormous talent and little English performs at such a club night, yet the D-floor was relatively spacious. I can't help but feel that some of those in attendance that night are the same people that are going to Future Music to see Dave Guetta...

Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the set and I thank Huggs (reppin' Mad Decent) for bringing him to my backyard.

I have more tracks to share - this post does have a focal artist. A certain Greek friend of mine who really knows his stuff when it comes to Nu-Disco put me on to Cecile & Venice. It turns out this outfit is a collaboration of two Italians based in... wait for it... Milan. Without hearing any music they've produced, you should instantly recognise that they are so much cooler than you or I will ever be. Ever.



Here are two tracks that I've found by the Milanese... Milany? Milan... residents? Whatever.

White Holes - Cecile & Venice

Rimmel - Cecile & Venice

Finally, I'll leave you with some pure, unadulterated noise. I cannot find anything out about SPA. I assume they're European. Probably Russian with the way the music scene is going these days.

This is for those out there who like to bounce their heads violently in dark rooms, pupils fully dilated, no real concept of their irreparable dental damage they are inflicting on themselves chewing on some sort of liquified froth that was once Wrigley's Extra. I will warn in advance though, you really need good speakers to fully appreciate the awesome-ness of this track.

Piano Magic - SPA

No comments:

Post a Comment