Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chicks n Stuff

I have a lot of respect for female producers. We're big fans of Alison Wonderland - the little wonder girl from Sydney funking shit up - and now I have a new girl to follow. And after getting creepy on her Myspace, turns out she's kinda hot too. Boom! DJ Mulher has whipped up a remix of Aloe Blacc's 'I Need a Dollar' and it's quite good. Apparently DJ Mulher means Woman DJ in Portuguese so I'll forgive the name for now.



DJ Mulher leads an alternate life as Ana Laura, residing in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She tells me her disc-jockeying and production efforts are a hobby of hers. Her partners in crime on this track are the Pristine Blusters, and they're just two guys who 'play hard'. Moving on...

This remix is very Baltimore. The cliched 'Yeah' and 'Woo' on every second beat make a special appearance (you'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it) but the piano edits are funky, the vocals are used effectively and the overall production is thoroughly enjoyable. You can check out other production efforts of Ana on her SoundCloud or get creepy like I did on her Myspace.

I Need a Dollar (DJ Mulher & Pristine Blusters 'Millionaire' Remix) - Aloe Blacc

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment