Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fin

I sometimes wonder where groups or bands get their names from. Then, often, I stop caring. I briefly considered where Emperatron comes from, but then I just kept on living my life. It's not the name that's important, just what emits from your computer as you click 'Emperatron' on your iTunes.



Emperatron are a self-proclaimed 'DJ collective' from Finland. Sebastian Holm, Wilhelm Enckell, Emile Weston and Mitja Nylund make up the four-piece production team. They've done a lot of shows in their home town of Helsinki (hardly a town really) but what intrigues me is how four guys can do one DJ set. I imagine one on effects, two mixing and one rapping over the top. Who cares really.

If I'm honest, the real reason I decided to post them is because of 'Annoyed'. I like this original track mainly due to the Pulp Fiction sample. The Moby remix is the better track though. It's more of a chilled-wave electro sound with ambient reverbs and nice fluffy percussion backings. The drops aren't drops but it works brilliantly and the overall production is excellent. Get into it!

Annoyed (Say What) - Emperatron

Go (Emperatron Remix) - Moby

Peace and Love.

1 comment:

  1. I've always imagined 4 people djing to look a lot like 2 girls 1 cup.

    ReplyDelete