Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When I hear music...

photo: hobogestapo

Wow what a long weekend. I don't think I'm the only one who still feels a bit ordinary. Wasn't sure how to go about posting up some new music for you but figure one big shot to the face has never done anyone bad. You know what I'm talkin' bout.

Firstly we have a new remix of Passion Pit by Keljet, a group out of the Netherlands. Recently we chucked up their remix of Temper Track which was pretty solid and so is this effort as well. Again, my lack of pop culture savvy means that I've never heard the original, but I hear from a reliable source that 'Folds in your hands' is pretty dope. This remix reminds me a little of Grum and Treasure Fingers in terms of a song that has playful synths and an obvious modern disco influence, but still has a bit of girth behind it which carries it well in da club. Listen and download it here from their soundcloud.

Passion Pit - Folds In Your Hands (Keljet Remix) by keljet

Next I've got a nice little remix of Swick's classic original 'Grow Up' by a guy named Blake and his mate Big Boss. I don't know anything about the pair other than that they are also from Melbourne but they've made a pretty simple, yet effective remix of this horn tootin' 'riginal. The baltimore kick is a touch predictable, however it works well in this instance, and while the intro seems a bit laboured, the loops and shuffles of the chorus strips back a little of the repetition of the original and creates some good rhythms.

Swick - Grow Up (Blake! and Big Boss Remix) by Blake!

So in all, two decent tracks that I felt like sharing. I hope you like them.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment