Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cool Your Boots

So I've been flirting with making a mixtape for a couple months now. I made a good one in November but then my computer crashed and I lost it and my mixtape making software..

So much belated I made this a couple weeks ago and now have decided you can have it.

Cool your boots - Max Smart

It's a collection of my favourite tunes of the last few months of last year and a couple classics in there as well. Perfect for short car rides or long summer walks, it'll have you shooting rainbows, whatever that may mean to you. It's got a couple of mashes I've been playing lately that I decided to record and a few interesting songs I love playing at the minute. It definitely shows off my love of Aussie synth pop which I've frothed over for the last few years but it also has a couple breaks and drops and some contrasting pieces which I like, showcasing a bit of a tribal flavour which I'm into at the minute. Rabble rabble rabble.

Tracklist:
1. Digital Love Party 2008 - Daft Punk vs. Shazam (Max Smart's 'crank it to 11' mash)
2. P.Y.X Up - Cameo vs. G.l.o.v.e.s (Max Smart's 'vox' mash)
3. Destination pt. II - Damn Arms
4. Final Round - Cassian
5. Animal (Fake Blood Remix) - Miike Snow
6. Boyfriend in the Desert - Killaqueenz (D Cup Remix) vs. Lowbrows (Flight Facilities Remix) (Max Smart's 'piano and bass' blend)
7. I'll Get You (Douster Remix) - Classixx feat. Jeppe
8. Sometimes (G.l.o.v.e.s Remix) - Miami Horror

Love to get your thoughts.

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment