Monday, January 18, 2010

Here's a song

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

So the good news is that I'm now living the dream. The problem is however, that the dream takes a lot of time to live. So amidst my euphoria and hand claps I'm quite pressed for time. Despite this, I've found time to make a cheeky little mixtape which I will post up here tomorrow for you. In the meantime, I thought I'd just drop the bomb on you to see what you thought. Here's some songs on a Monday night to help you get through to the weekend! I'll get you!

I'll get you (Douster Remix) - Classixx feat. Jeppe

You should all know this original by now, but here is a tasty tasty remix from the amazing Douster. This name has been on the scene for a few years and always brings to mind a very tribal sound, call it afro beat. I never used to be a fan, but hearing this remix and also his remix of Australian duo Yolanda Be Cool made me change my tune. The combination of eclectic summer synths in the original classixx tune against the zouk and rhythm of douster is like having pizza for breakfast: almost wrong but oh so right.

Afronuts (Douster Remix) - Yolanda Be Cool

Fun Fact: Surkin dropped this massive tune at Sterosonic. I wasn't there buuut by all accounts it was massive. This song sounds like an orgy in carnivale The more you listen to this one the more you'll wanna take up capoeira. Think about it.

Set me free (Tanzanian Disco Stampede Mix) - Phonat

Didn't know this song until last night when a chap by the name of Adam Bozetta dropped it at Cargos. Since then I've noticed in heaps of blogs best of '09 lists. It's a bit of a disco monster, filled with loops and filters in glorious proportions designed to make shapes throw. Phonat is italian, and lives in London. Been around since '07 but definately worth taking notice of. Wait for the drop building up from 2:30. Watch out Carmen's.

The Motion - Duck Sauce

Wasn't sold on Duck Sauce's first song. Catchy but not necessarily awesome. I kind of got the feeling that of the partnership, A-Trak was the partner bringing all the fantastic old records to sample, the chorus' everyones singing and the talent while Armand Van Helden made really shit intro's and outro's that are effing difficult to mix with. In all honesty I think I've only heard one DJ in the past 3 months play aNYway and mix it smoothly. Seriously what the fuck. But ahh this song's pretty good. Wish it was in better quality but I've honestly got no idea when the album is going to come out with decent quality versions of all the other songs floating around. Tune!!!

That's it for now, but stay tuned for a Cassian post and the release of my mixtape tomorrow.

Get some in ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment