Friday, February 12, 2010

I'll Blow You!

Thanks to everyone who asked after my absence from the blog scene recently. Truth is I'm lazy. And Dave Guetta is still the worst human being in the world.

Last night I was lucky for a few reasons. Firstly, I have a friend who actually reads 'Newsletter' emails from ticket agencies. A few days ago he discovered that two Americans by the names of Tyler Blake and Michael David were gracing the DJ booth at the Civic Underground. Secondly, Tyler and Michael are also known as the Classixx. Thirdly, Classixx are the shit.



The Classixx set was arguably one of the best sets I've heard. Ever. Flight Facilities (see earlier posts by Mack Swell) were meant to support, but according to inside sources they bailed weeks ago. The organisers decided to leave them on the bill anyway. S'if they give a shit.

Always willing to go that extra mile for my readers, I got my stalk on. I stood next to the DJ booth for the majority of the set and wrote down pretty much every song they played. Here are the picks of the litter. I've omitted a few (obviously) and some tracks are yet to be released... so I can't bring them to you just yet. But nonetheless, enjoy!

Thriller (Halloween Night Re-Dub) - Michael Jackson

Otto's Journey - Milo

Little Bit (Loving Hand Remix) - Lykke Li

Dis (Original Mix) - DJ T

It's a War (Serge Santiago & Tom Neville Edit) - Kano

Baby I Can't Stop (Aeroplane Remix) - Lindstrom & Solale

Still Going Theme - Still Going

Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix) - Whitest Boy Alive

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. thats not the "Thriller" edit we play. glad you had a good time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. post theeeem all!

    post theeeem all!

    ReplyDelete