Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just Shake ya Hips!

He's back! Apologies for the hideous... *insert excuses you care not for here*. Isn't Max just awesome?



Music! All credit goes to my mate Andrew for recommending to me this dynamic disco duo from Boston. They are Tony Saputo and Frank Demaria. And I know what you're thinking... yes they do sound like they belong in the Godfather, or perhaps at least dabble in some underworld dealings of some sort. This is not true... they make Disco House instead under the guise of Swivel Hips. And it fucking rocks. My music taste has undergone reconstructive surgery lately and I've struggled to find some beats to fill the void, but no more.

They like their filters and off-beat vocal samples. They also appear to enjoy simple melodic hooks. Which is nothing new I guess, but the complete package is executed brilliantly. I would define disco house as Swivel Hips. 'Nuff said.

Here is one original released last year and a stellar remix of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake. In case you are wondering, they have an EP due out in the next month or two, and they are signed to Dazed Recordings.

Carry Out (Swivel Hips Vocal Mix) - Timbaland

Casual Encounters (Original Mix) - Swivel Hips

Check out their facebook for all the happenings, and more importantly, their SoundCloud for beats that will make you shake. I highly recommend you check out Mista Chicago which is available on Beatport.

Peace and Love.

1 comment: