Monday, November 9, 2009

G'day champ, ya winnin?



Ok people... round two already!

I discovered Hey Champ a few weeks ago, and I must say they briefly revived my passion for the Pit (pun intended). If you can bend your ears around the grossly repetitive vocal sound bleeding from every Passion Pit song, the funky bassline and beautifully constructed bridge is definitely something to be enjoyed... thoroughly. I can't quite work out where Hey Champ are from... I've heard rumours of Brazil. If this is true, good for them.

Little Secrets (Hey Champ Remix) - Passion Pit

I'll throw in their remix of French Horn Rebellion also. It reminds me of Depeche Mode, and I don't know why.

Beaches and Friends (Hey Champ Remix) - French Horn Rebellion vs Database

Now, to be honest, the only way I can tell Passion Pit songs apart now is by checking my iTunes. I originally had them pegged as the next MGMT, they represented the next logical step in the psychedelic-rock movement. I changed my mind though. I am well and truly over Passion Pit. BUT, if you are into that progessive psyche rock, check out Neon Indian. A guy from Austin and a girl from Baltimore have created dreamy bass-driven rock that was probably written on acid.

Neon Indian - Seriously, It's Over

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment